Are you and your partner:
- Desperate for some kind of change in your relationship?
- Tired of the same old arguments?
- Thinking about separation or divorce?
- Not making progress in traditional couples therapy?
- Wanting change to come sooner than later?
- Having sexual difficulty needing a proven therapeutic approach?
A customized intensive approach to couple’s therapy can address these issues. Couples Intensive Treatment (CIT) is ideal for couples wanting to address issues in a more direct and rapid method than traditional weekly sessions will allow. What would normally take several months in traditional weekly therapy can be addressed in 2 to 4 days within an intensive treatment model. By intensifying the pace and depth of therapeutic environment couples intensive treatment has potential to help couples get unstuck and enhance their relationship and enrich their individual lives in profound ways.
How it works:
Couples meet with Dr. Fuller for a total of 9 hours over 3-4 days with a follow-up session the following week. Therapy will focus on helping each individual develop and improve functioning to facilitate developing higher levels of closeness while maintaining and strengthening the self.
Dr. Fuller utilizes the Crucible approach for intensive therapy. This approach lends itself to intensive treatment as the couple forms a “crucible” within which healing and growth may occur. CIT is typically utilized with couples in crisis, however, it can be extremely beneficial for couples wanting to address pre-marital topics, couples simply wanting to improve their current relationship or couples struggling with sexual or intimacy issues. The first session includes formulating a unique customized plan for addressing the most critical concerns of each person. Experiential exercises to strengthen the individual and the relationship are utilized as well as psychoeducational materials when appropriate in conjunction with CIT, customized for each unique couple.
Scheduling is flexible for each couple, but hours are limited to Monday through Friday between 8 am and 3 pm. All sessions are scheduled and paid for ahead of time. The fee for couple’s intensive treatment with Dr. Fuller includes a discount on the hourly fee with an option to include one follow up session. See the CIT Agreement form for more information. **A $600 re-scheduling fee applies if the couple needs to reschedule the intensive when cancellation is within 1 week of the agreed upon time.
Before we get started:
- This form of therapy is extremely “intense” so it is suggested for even those living locally to to take time off of work, arrange for alternate care of children and possibly stay away from home. It is best if each of you are freed up from work demands and able to focus this time on healing and strengthening your relationship.
- Set up follow-up therapy before the intensive week to maintain progress
- Complete the CIT Agreement form and complete required intake paperwork
CIT is held in southwest Houston at Dr. Fuller’s tranquil therapy offices located at 4545 Bissonnet, Suite 289, Bellaire, TX 77401.